Today, instead of a dinner dish, Jade and I decided to do a snack . 🙂 I think that the next time that we make it, I will use more bacon… or maybe tuna. I bet tuna would be really good!
- 2 packages Pillsbury Grands Crescent Rolls
- 3 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and diced (You may use more if you like hot)
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a pizza pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the jalapeno, onion, cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Separate 1 can of crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles. On a large greased pizza pan, arrange the rectangles perpendicular to each other to form a cross. Corners of one side should touch while leaving a square space in the center.
- Separate dough from the second can of crescent roll dough into 4 more rectangles. Arrange the rectangles into an “X” that overlaps the cross, leaving an open circle in the center.
- Spoon the jalapeno popper mixture around the center of dough. Shape the mixture into a ring leaving about ½ inch of
dough in the center.
- Pull the overhanging dough from the outer edge towards the center and over the filling. Tuck and pinch the dough under the middle close the ring.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated. Remove the crescent ring from the pizza pan to serving platter or cutting board. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.